The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (October 31 – November 4):
- Construction crews formed the stairs and west end of the new retaining wall.
- Crews installed drainpipe and backfill behind the retaining wall on Second Street.
- Crews installed a catchment safety fence behind the retaining wall.
- Crews replaced the sanitary sewer by open trench method on Second Street at Miramar Avenue.
- Crews pulled wire for new signal poles and light poles at Second and Shaver Streets and Second and G Streets.
- Crews poured foundation for signal poles and pedestrian push buttons at Third and A Streets.
NEXT WEEK (November 7 – November 11):
- Crews will form and place rebar for the stairs and west end of the retaining wall.
- Crews will continue installing a catchment fence along the top of the new retaining wall.
- Crews will remove sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands. This work will require a lane closure and no parking on eastbound Second from Marquard to East Street. Also, West End Avenue will be blocked at Marquard, and a detour will be set up.
- Crews will pull wire and set boxes for streetlights and signal lights at the intersection of Second & Fourth, Second & East, and Second & G Streets. This work will require a lane closure on westbound Second.
- Crews will install splice boxes for new fiber optic cable on Third Street from Lootens to C Street. This work will require a lane closure and no curb parking.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: Crews will continue installing new sewer pipe and laterals by open trench method on Miramar Ave and Second Street. This work will require a lane closure on Miramar Avenue and on eastbound Second Street.
- Crews will make repairs to sanitary sewer on Third Street between E Street and D Street. This work will require a closure of the center lane on Third Street
- From November 7, 2022, to November 11, 2022, PG&E will be relocating electrical lines on Second Street from East Street to G Street. This work will require a lane closure on Second St between East Street and G Street
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.