The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (October 24 – October 28):
- Crews replaced sidewalk sections at the intersections of Second and Shaver Streets.
- Crews installed drain pipe and backfill behind the retaining wall on Second Street.
- Crews replaced the sanitary sewer by open trench method on Miramar Avenue.
- Crews pulled wire for new signal poles and light poles at Second and G Streets and Second and East Streets.
NEXT WEEK (October 31 – November 4):
- Crews will form and place rebar at the west end of the retaining wall.
- Crews will install a catchment fence along the top of the new retaining wall.
- Crews will remove sections of pavement to construct bike lane separator islands. This work will require a lane closure and no parking on eastbound Second Street from Marquard Avenue to East Street.
- Crews will pull wire and set boxes for streetlights and signal lights at the intersection of Second and Fourth Streets. This work will require a lane closure on westbound Second Street.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: the Crews will continue installing new sewer pipe and laterals, by open trench method on Miramar Avenue and Second Street. This work will require a lane closure on Miramar Avenue and on eastbound Second Street.
- From October 31, 2022, to November 4, 2022, PG&E will be relocating electrical lines on Second Street from East Street to G Street. This work will require a lane closure on Second Street between East Street and G Street.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.