The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (October 10 – 14):
THIS WEEK (October 10 – October 14):
- Construction Crews replaced sidewalk sections at the intersections of Second and Shaver and Third and Shaver Streets.
- Crews installed storm drain pipe and catch basins at the corner of Third and Shaver Streets.
- Crews replaced the sanitary sewer by open trench method on G Street.
- Crews will restore the pavement on Ida and G Streets.
- Crews set new signal poles and light poles at Second and Shaver Streets.
- Crews placed light pole foundations and set poles at the intersection of Third and G Streets.
- Crews started pulling conductors for new Street lighting.
NEXT WEEK (October 17 – October 21):
- Crews will be replacing curb ramps and sidewalk sections at the intersections of Second and Shaver and Third and Shaver Streets. This work will require sidewalk closures and one way traffic controls on Shaver between Second and Third Streets.
- Crews will complete the installation of storm drainpipe and catch basins at the corner of Third and Shaver Streets.
- Crews will erect poles for Streetlights and signal lights at Second and G Street. This work will require a lane closure on Second at G Street.
- Crews will pour foundations for Streetlights and signal lights at Second and East Streets. There will be no parking on Second at E Street.
- Crews will continue to pull conductors for new Street lighting on Third Street at Brooks and at A Street.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: Crews will continue installing new sewer pipe and laterals by open trench method on Miramar Avenue. This work will require a lane closure on Miramar Avenue.
- From October 17, 2022, to October 20, 2022, PG&E will relocate electrical lines on Second Street from 4th Street to Miramar Avenue. This work will require a lane closure on Second St between West Street and East Street
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.