The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic
closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK May 15 – May 19
- Construction crews replaced the sanitary sewer lateral on Ritter Street between Third Street and Lincoln Avenue.
- Crews pulled fiber optic cable along Third Street from Lootens Place to Shaver Street and along Second Street from Shaver Street to East Street.
- Crews removed and replaced concrete curb ramps at the southwest corner at Third Street and B Street.
- Crews removed and replaced concrete curb ramps at the southeast corner at Third Street and A Street. Crews shifted traffic lanes to the south on Second Street between Marquard Avenue and Shaver Street.
- Crews shifted traffic lanes northward on Third Street from C Street to E Street.
NEXT WEEK May 22 – May 26
- Crews will replace concrete curb ramps at the southwest corner at Third Street and B Street. The work will require a lane closure and traffic lane shift.
- Crews will replace the sidewalk, curb and gutter, and tree wells on Third Street from A Street to E Street. The work will require a lane closure and traffic lane shift.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer lateral main on Ritter Street. This work will require a lane closure on Ritter Street.
- Crews will terminate fiber optic cables at various locations on Third Street and B Street, and at the City of San Rafael Community Center.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.