The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic
closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (May 1 – May 5)
- Construction crews replaced the sanitary sewer lateral on Ritter Street between Third Street and Lincoln Avenue.
- Crews removed and replaced the concrete curb ramp at the southwest corner at Third Street and Brooks Street.
- Crews removed and replaced the concrete curb ramps at the southwest corner at Third Street and E Street.
- Crews replaced the curb ramp at the southwest corner of Third Street and D Street.
- Crews constructed a storm drain manhole at Third Street and Brooks Street.
- Crews shifted traffic lanes to the south on Second Street between Marquard Avenue and Shaver Street.
- Crews shifted traffic lanes northward on Third Street from C Street to E Street.
NEXT WEEK (May 8 – May 12):
- Sonic Telecom construction crews will be boring the North side of ThirdStreet between Lootens Place and Cijos Street. Work will also occur on the west side of Lootens Place. The work will require a sidewalk and a lane closure.
- Crews will replace curb ramps at the southwest corners of Third Street and D Street and Third Street and E Street. This work will require a curb lane closure and no parking adjacent to the intersections.
- Crews will continue to construct the new curb ramp at the southwest corner of Third Street and Brooks Street. The work will require a lane closure and traffic lane shift.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer lateral main on Ritter Street. This work will require a lane closure on Ritter Street.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.