The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic
closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
_________________________________________________ NIGHT WORK APRIL 24-28 ____
Beginning April 24th, 2023, construction crews will be slip-lining the storm sewer pipe on Third Street between Grand Avenue and Irwin Street. This work will be performed at night (7:00pm to 6:00am).
THIS WEEK (April 17th – 21st):
- Contractor crews replaced the sanitary sewer lateral on Ritter Street between Third Street and Lincoln Avenue.
- Crews replaced the sanitary sewer lateral on Third Street between Lincoln Avenue and Tamalpais Avenue. This work was performed at night (6:00pm to 6:00am).
- Crews plug paved at new curb ramps along Third Street.
- Crews removed concrete curb ramps at the southeast corners at Third Street and E Street, D Street and C Street.
- Crews replaced the curb ramp at the northeast corner of Third Street and A Street.
- Crews shifted traffic lanes to the south on Second Street between Marquard Avenue and Shaver Street.
- Crews shifted traffic lanes northward on Third Street from C Street to E Street
NEXT WEEK (April 24th – April 28th):
- Crews will remove curb ramps at the southeast corners of Third Street and A Street. This work will require a curb lane closure and no parking adjacent to the intersections.
- Crews will continue to construct the new curb ramps at the southeast corners at Third Street and A Street and Third Street and C Street. The work will require a lane closure and a traffic lane shift.
- Crews will replace the northern curb ramp at Third Street and Brooks Street. This work will require a lane closure.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer main lateral on Ritter Street. This work will require a lane closure on Ritter Street.
- Crews will slip-line the sewer pipe on Third Street, between Irwin Street and Grand Avenue. This work will be performed at night.
- For the next two weeks, the crews will slip-line the sanitary sewer pipe on Third Street between Lincoln Avenue and Irwin Avenue. This work will be performed at night (7:00pm to 6:00am)
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.