The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic
closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
_________________________________________________ NIGHT WORK: APRIL 17-27 ____
Beginning April 17th, 2023, construction crews will be replacing the storm sewer pipe on Third Street between Lincoln Avenue and Tamalpais Street. This work will be performed at night (7:00pm to 6:00am) and will last for approximately 10 days.
THIS WEEK (April 10th – 14th):
- Contractor crews replaced the sanitary sewer lateral on Ritter Street between Third Street and Lincoln Avenue.
- Crews plug paved at the new median islands on Second Street.
- Crews removed the concrete curb ramps at the southeast corners at Third Street and E Street, D Street, and C Street.
- Crews replaced the storm drain at the intersection of Third Street and B Street.
- Crews replaced the curb ramp at the northeast corner of Third Street and A Street.
- Crews replaced the curb ramp at the southwest corner of Third Street and Shaver Street.
- Crews removed the asphalt pavement for construction of the new median islands on Second Street from Marquard Avenue to G Street.
- Crews shifted the traffic lanes to the south on Second Street between Marquard Avenue and Shaver Street.
- Crews shifted the traffic lanes northward on Third Street from C Street to E Street.
NEXT WEEK (April 17th – April 24th):
- Crews will remove curb ramps at the southwest corners of Third Street and E Street, D Street, and C Street. This work will require a curb lane closure and no parking adjacent to the intersections.
- Crews will continue to construct the new median islands on Second Street from West Street to G Street. The work will require a lane closure and a traffic lane shift.
- Crews will replace the northern curb ramp at Third Street and Brooks Street. This work will require a lane closure.
- Crews will switch over to the new traffic signals at Third Street and D Street. This work will require a lane closure on Third Street and on D St.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer lateral main on Ritter Street. This work will require a lane closure on Ritter Street.
- Crews will replace the sewer lateral on Third Street, between Lincoln Avenue and Tamalpais Avenue. This work will be performed at night.
- Beginning April 17th, 2023, the Crews will be replacing the sanitary sewer pipe on Third Street between Lincoln Avenue and Irwin Street. This work will be performed at night (7:00pm to 6:00am)
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.