The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic
closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
_________________________________________________ NIGHT WORK: APRIL 17-27 ____
Beginning April 17th, 2023, construction crews will be replacing the storm sewer pipe on Third Street between Lincoln Avenue and Tamalpias Street. This work will be performed at night (7:00pm to 6:00am) and will last for approximately 10 days.
THIS WEEK (April 3rd – 7th):
- Contractor crews replaced sanitary sewer laterals on Third Street from Lootens Place to A Street.
- Crews replaced sanitary sewer lateral on Ritter Street.
- Crews plug paved at the new median islands on Second Street.
- Crews started removing concrete curb ramps at the south east corners of Third Street and E Street, D Street and C Street.
- Crews replaced storm drains at the intersection of Third Street and B Street.
- Crews replaced sidewalk sections on G Street and the curb ramp at Second Street and G Street.
- Crews removed asphalt pavement for the construction of the new median islands on Second Street from Marquard Avenue to G Street.
- Crews shifted traffic lanes to the south on Second Street between Marquard Avenue and Shaver Street.
- Crews shifted traffic lanes northward on Third Street from C Street to E Street.
NEXT WEEK (April 10 – April 14):
- Crews will continue removing curb ramps at the southeast corners of Third Street and E Street, D Street and C Street. This work will require curb lane closure and no parking adjacent to the intersections.
- Crews will continue constructing the new median islands on Second Street from West Street to G Street. The work will require a lane closure and traffic lane shift.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer main on Ritter Street. This work will require a lane closure on Ritter Street.
- Beginning April 17, 2023, the Crews will be replacing the sanitary sewer pipe on Third Street between Lincoln Avenue and Irwin Street. This work will be performed at night (7:00pm to 6:00am)
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.