The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic
closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (February 13 – February 17):
- Construction crews are installing new signal heads at Second Street and East Street, and Third Street and D Street.
- Crews replaced the sanitary sewer lateral on Second Street from Miramar Avenue to Shaver Street.
- Crews replaced concrete for curb ramps at the northwest corners of Third Street and C Street, and Third Street and B Street.
- Crews replaced the separator island between Ida Street and Second Street.
- Crews removed the sidewalk and driveway apron at the south entry to the West End Shopping Center.
- Crews removed and replaced a section of the sidewalk at 1654 Second Street.
- Crews shifted traffic lanes to the south on Second Street between Marquard Avenue and Shaver Street.
NEXT WEEK (February 20 – February 24):
- No work will be performed on Monday 2/20/23 in observance of Presidents’ Day.
- Crews will continue to remove and replace a section of the sidewalk at 1654 Second Street. This work will require a lane closure and no parking on westbound Second Street.
- Crews will place concrete for the curb ramps at the northeast corners of Third Street and C Street, and Third Street and B Street. This work will require a curb lane closure and no parking adjacent to the intersections.
- Crews will install and raise sidewalk pull boxes along Third Street. This work will require a curb lane closure during the installation of the pull boxes.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer lateral main on G Street between Second Street and Fourth Street. This work will require a street closure on G Street.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is closed.
- For the lane shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.