The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic
closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (January 30 – February 3):
- Construction crews removed old traffic signals and activated new signals on Third Street at A Street and B Street.
- Crews removed old traffic signals and activated new signals on Third Street at Shaver Street and C Street.
- Crews installed new wiring within the traffic signal controllers.
- Crews replaced sanitary sewer lateral on Second Street from Miramar Avenue to Shaver Street.
- Crews placed concrete for curb ramps on Third Street at E Street and D Street.
- Crews started to remove and replace the separator island between Ida Street and Second Street.
- Crews shifted lanes to the south on Second Street between Marquard Street and Shaver Street.
NEXT WEEK (February 6 – February 10):
- Crews will remove and replace the separator island at Ida Street and Second Street.This work will require a lane closure and no parking on westbound Second Street from G Street to Fourth Street.
- Crews will remove and replace the curb ramps at Third Street and D Street and Third and E Street. This work will require curb lane closure and no parking adjacent to the intersections.
- Crews will install traffic control cameras at Third Street and A Street, Third Street and e Street, Third and D Street, and Second and Shaver Street. This work will require a lane closure during the installation of the cameras.
- Crews will install splice boxes for new electrical service on Second Street.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer lateral main on Second Street, between Shaver Street and Miramar Avenue. This work will require a lane closure on eastbound Second Street.
- PG&E crews will be working on West Street and Second Street on Monday (2/6) and Tuesday (2/7).
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street, south of Ida Street, is closed.
- For the lane shift on Second Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.