The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (January 23 – January 27):
- Construction crews removed old traffic signals and activated new signals on Second Street at G Street and East Street.
- Crews removed old traffic signals and activated new signals on Third Street at Shaver Street and B Street.
- Crews installed new wiring within the traffic signal controllers.
- Crews replaced the sanitary sewer lateral on Second Street from Miramar Avenue to Shaver Street.
- Crews placed concrete for sidewalks at Second Street and G Street.
- Crews poured concrete for the bike lane buffer islands at Second Street and East Street.
- Crews started the removal and replacement of curb ramps on Third Street at E Street and D Street.
NEXT WEEK (January 30 – February 3):
- Crews will pave the new bike lane between West Street and Miramar Street. This work will require a lane closure and no parking on eastbound Second Street from West Street to Miramar Avenue.
- Crews will remove and replace the curb ramps at Third Street and D Street, and at Third Street and E Street. This work will require a curb lane closure and no parking adjacent to the intersections.
- Crews will activate new traffic signals and remove old signal lights at Third Street and A Street, at Third Street and E Street, at Third Street and D Street, and at Second Street and Shaver Street. This work will require a lane closure. During switch over from old to new signals, Flaggers will provide traffic controls.
- Crews will install splice boxes for new electrical service on Second Street.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer lateral main on Second Street between Shaver Street and Miramar Avenue. This work will require a lane closure on eastbound Second Street.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street, south of Ida Street, is closed.
- For the lane shift on Second Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.