The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (January 13 – January 20):
- Wet weather has affected construction, but the following activities were performed.
- Construction crews installed new pedestrian pushbuttons at Third Street and C Street.
- Crews installed new wiring within the traffic signal controllers.
- Crews pulled wire to new street and pedestrian lights on Second Street.
- Crews replaced the sanitary sewer lateral on Second Street from Miramar Avenue to Shaver Street.
- Crews placed concrete and grading for sidewalks at Second Street and G Street.
- Crews started the removal and replacement of curb ramps at Third Street and E Street.
NEXT WEEK (January 23 – January 27):
- Crews will continue to remove sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands. This work will require a lane closure and no parking on eastbound Second Street from West Street to G Street.
- Crews will remove and replace the curb ramps at Third Street and D Street, and at Third Street and E Street. This work will require curb lane closure and no parking adjacent to the intersections.
- Crews will activate new traffic signals and remove old signal lights at Second Street and G Street, at Second Street and East Street, at Third Street and B Street, and at Third Street and Shaver Street. This work will require a lane closure. During switch over from old to new signals, Flaggers will provide traffic controls.
- Crews will install splice boxes for new electrical service on Second Street.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer main on Second Street. between Shaver and Miramar. This work will require a lane closure on eastbound 2nd St.
- PG&E will have a Crew paving on Second Street, between Ida Street and Marquard Avenue. This work will require a lane closure on Second Street.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
*** ATTENTION ***
Second Street/Fourth Street Intersection Project – 1/26/2023 Virtual Community Meeting
The City of San Rafael invites you to attend a virtual community meeting on Thursday, January 26, 2023, at 7:00 PM (via Zoom) for the Second and Fourth Street Intersection Improvements project. City staff will be providing updates on the latest conceptual design and accepting public comments at the end of the presentation. Please join the meeting and share your feedback!
For meeting log-in information and to view the latest conceptual design, please visit: https://www.cityofsanrafael.org/second-and-fourth-street-intersection-improvements/