The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (January 9 – January 13):
- Due to wet weather affecting construction, certain work activities have been postponed.
- Construction crews are installing new wiring within the traffic signal controllers at various locations across Second Street and Third Street.
- Crews are pulling new wire to new street and pedestrian light on Second Street.
- Crews may patch-pave on Third Street at Shaver Street, weather permitting.
- Crews may place concrete and grading for sidewalks at Second Street and G Street.
NEXT WEEK (January 16 – January 20):
- Due to anticipated continued wet weather that may affect construction, certain work activities may be postponed
- Crews will continue to remove sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands. This work will require a lane closure and no parking on eastbound Second Street from West Street to G Street.
- Crews will remove and replace the curb ramps at Third Street and D Street, and at Third Street and E Street. This work will require a curb lane closure and there will be no parking adjacent to the new wall.
- Crews will install new pedestrian pushbuttons at Third Street and C Street. This work will require a curb lane closure and there will be no curb parking.
- Crews will install splice boxes for new electrical service on Second Street. This work will require a lane closure and there will be no curb parking.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer main on Third Street between Shaver Street and the intersection of Second Street and Third Street. This work will require a lane closure on westbound Third Street.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
*** ATTENTION ***
Second Street/Fourth Street Intersection Project – 1/26/2023 Virtual Community Meeting
The City of San Rafael invites you to attend a virtual community meeting on Thursday, January 26, 2023, at 7:00 PM (via Zoom) for the Second and Fourth Street Intersection Improvements project. City staff will be providing updates on the latest conceptual design and accepting public comments at the end of the presentation. Please join the meeting and share your feedback!
For meeting log-in information and to view the latest conceptual design, please visit: https://www.cityofsanrafael.org/second-and-fourth-street-intersection-improvements/