The Southern Heights Bridge Replacement project, which was completed in January 2022, has won in 3 different categories of Engineering News-Record’s (ENR) 2022 Best Projects competition. The City’s project won the following:
- Best Highway/Bridge Project
- Excellence of Sustainability Award – Northern California,
- Excellence in Safety Award – Northern California, Award of Merit
Almost 100 projects from across California and Hawaii were reviewed by an independent panel of experts in consideration for these awards.
We are grateful to have had the support of so many key players during this multi-year project, all of which contributed to its success, including
- Southern Heights Residents
- Design: Mark Thomas & Company
- Contractor: Disney Construction
- Construction Management: Substrate
- Utility Companies: PG&E, MMWD
- Project Funding: Caltrans Highway Bridge Program
See the following link for more information.