The Air District is issuing a smoke advisory today due to multiple fires that developed overnight in the North Bay. Heavy smoke from these wildfires in the North Bay counties is causing very unhealthy air quality throughout the region and the smoke is moving into other parts of the Bay Area due to winds.
Bay Area residents impacted by wildfire smoke are advised to:
- Limit outdoor activities to avoid unnecessary exposure if you smell smoke
- Set air conditioning units and car vent systems to re-circulate to prevent outside air from moving inside
- Reduce exposure to smoky air by remaining indoors with windows and doors closed, if possible
- If you cannot keep windows and doors closed due to high temperatures, seek out cooling centers in your area
- Stay tuned to local media for changes in smoke or weather conditions