Zone 2: Extended Zone | within 100′
- Remove lower tree branches within 5 feet of the ground, not to exceed ¹/3 of the tree’s total height.
- Cut and remove grasses and weeds to a maximum height of 3 inches.
- Loose surface material, including leaves, twigs, and mulch, should be no more than 3 inches deep.
- Remove all Combustible Vegetation (single-specimen exemptions may apply).
- Considering slope, maintain adequate horizontal and vertical spacing to prevent a “fire bridge” or “ladder.” See Plant and Tree Spacing section.
- Remove piles of dead vegetation