Zone 0: Immediate Zone (0-5ft from structure)
- Remove accumulated leaves, needles and dead vegetative growth from the roof, gutters, decks, porches, and stairways.
- All vegetation in this zone shall be well-irrigated and free from dead or dying material. Trim to avoid contact with structure.
- Maintain adequate space between tree canopies. Remove all dead and dying branches.
- Remove all Combustible Vegetation. Remaining plants shall not be continuous. See Remove Combustible Vegetation section.
- Avoid fire-hazardous plants, particularly under or near windows.
- Mulch should not make contact with structure. Rock and pavers are encouraged.