If I live near open space, does my property have a high fire risk?

Generally, if your property touches open space you are probably located in the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI). These are areas that combine higher vegetation fire risks with homes and structures.

You can find out if your home is located in the WUI by checking this document for your address or call our Vegetation Management Specialist at (415) 485-3007. You may be required to follow landscaping rules to protect your home from fire. But even if you’re not required by law, defensible space is always a great idea!

Close window