Protecting San Rafael from wildfire is a team effort, we need your help. Take a look at our Wildfire Safety Action Plan and let us know what you think.

What is the paramedic tax and how do I pay it?

Residents and businesses located within San Rafael, Marinwood and unincorporated county islands within San Rafael pay a tax for emergency medical services as a part of their property tax bill. The most recent change to the paramedic tax rate was in 2017; the current tax rates for residential and commercial properties are:

  • Residential:  annual flat rate applied to residential unit
      • Marinwood – $85 dollars per unit
      • Unincorporated County – $92 dollars per unit
      • San Rafael – $92 dollars per unit
  • Commercial: assessed on a per square foot basis
      • Marinwood – 11 cents per square foot
      • Unincorporated County – 12.5 cents per square foot
      • San Rafae– 12.5 cents per square foot

You pay the paramedic tax as a part of your property tax bill. To find more information on what you pay for paramedic service you can find your parcel number online and then look up your property tax bill.

Close window