Once all artist proposals are received, the San Rafael Social Justice Public Art Community Group will review and select the top 2-3 artists. The City of San Rafael is creating a Pilot Public Art Advisory Group who will review the top 2-3 artist proposals and provide feedback on them to staff. This group will be purely advisory in nature and will not have approval authority for the project. It will include:
- 1 Community Based Organization representative who has Diversity, Equity & Inclusion expertise
- 2 Local Community Arts representatives (one of which will be the fiscal sponsor – Youth in Arts)
- 2 members of the San Rafael Social Justice Community Art Group
- 1 member of the Planning Commission
- 1 member of the Park & Recreation Commission
- 1 member of the Design Review Board
The City of San Rafael City Council will serve as the approval authority for the project.