Preparing before the rainy season
- Dispose of yard waste and leaves by composting or using your green cart. There is no extra service charge for using up to two additional carts or paper bags – 32 gallons or smaller. You can also rent an additional 64-gallon green cart from Marin Sanitary Service.
- Don’t place anything in the street or in the way of a drainage system.
- If your home is in the path of runoff, get sandbags and keep plywood, plastic sheeting, and lumber on hand to divert water and debris.
- If your basement is subject to flooding, consider installing a sump pump with generator back-up.
- Don’t pour chemicals, paints, or other Household Hazardous Waste in areas where it might flow into the storm drain.