In person classes and programs have been cancelled or moved to a virtual format, wherever possible. Participants have been contacted and informed of these changes. The City is now promoting free, virtual library and recreation activities and programs through the Library and Recreation Department’s website and social media platforms.
Curbside pickup of library materials is open at Downtown and Pickleweed libraries by appointment only. To make an appointment, please visit the San Rafael Public Library website.
Looking for books on a certain topic? Just fill out this form and we’ll contact you to make a curbside appointment when they’re ready! We’ll contact you to schedule a curbside appointment after we’ve gathered your materials. Appointments are required for curbside service.
- Online programs including Storytime and Book Clubs
- Online access to e-resources including eBooks and streaming media https://srpubliclibrary.org/research/
- Zip Books https://srpubliclibrary.org/booklovers/zip-books/
- Personalized Reading Recommendations in Spanish and English
- For Families and Teachers/Para Familias y Maestros
- For Adults/Para Adultos
Here are a list of in-person classes for youth that will start in September 2020, following all relevant public health guidelines. We are also offering Youth and Adult Virtual Recreation classes, and Outdoor Adult Art classes
We are renting park space to local recreation businesses to hold outdoor classes for youth and adults that following the relevant public health guidelines, as well as, to faith-based and cultural ceremonies, based on relevant public health guidelines.