What we heard from the community…
- They want to feel safe to contact the police department without fear of consequences.
- They want to better understand the different on ways to file a complaint about the police department.
- They want some type of police accountability and community oversight.
- When issues regarding bias and/or racism are brought forward by the community to the police department, they want them addressed.
- They want data and statistics on the nature of police contacts/interactions to be shared directly with the community.
- They want the police department to find better ways to communicate directly with the community, including regular community meetings and social media, when important information happens in their neighborhoods.