The City’s administrative offices in City Hall, the San Rafael Public Library, and the City’s community centers will be closed on Thursday November 23 through Friday November 24 in observance of the holiday. 24-hour operations will remain in effect for the Police and Fire Departments.

How do I register my vehicle?

Sorry, but you’re going to have to go to the DMV. To register a vehicle in California:

  • Visit a local CA DMV office; the nearest are in Corte Madera and Novato.
  • Present proof of ownership and a smog certificate.
  • Provide proof of your ID and car insurance.
  • Complete an Application for Title or Registration (Form REG 343).
  • Pay the $46 registration fee, $23 CHP fee, title fees, and taxes.
Close window