How do I ensure that my comments are part of the “public record”?

The best way to ensure your comments are part of the “public record” is to provide a copy of them to the City Clerk. Aside from that, all comments made at public meetings are recorded and included as part of the public record. Depending on the nature of the project, staff compiles comments received and sometimes includes them as part of the staff report. If you have any questions about this, please contact the City Clerk’s Office or the staff assigned to the project. Emailing your comments only to an individual member of the City Council may not ensure that the City Clerk or staff receives a copy.

Close window