The City’s administrative offices will be closed on Monday, May 28, 2018 in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday. 24-hour operations will remain in effect for the Police and Fire Departments.

What can I do if I’m bothered by someone smoking?

If you feel comfortable, you can ask the person smoking to stop and let them know it’s against the law in San Rafael (if they are smoking in a place where it’s not allowed).

If you live in a housing unit that shares a wall with another, you can contact your landlord, property owner, or condo association and inform them of the violation. If they are unable to help, call (415) 473-3020 for assistance.

Let us know where the violation occurred so we can look into whether the area needs more signage.

Close window