Can I trim rather than remove my vegetation?

Residents may submit a Request for Review (RFR)to see they they qualify for an exemption to the citywide vegetation standards outlined in SRMC 4.12. These are reviewed and potentially approved by the Fire Chief or designee. Staff are happy to talk with you about ways to alter your vegetation to improve its safety and increase the likelihood of your exemption request being approved. It is important to note, exemptions to the standards are not guaranteed, and resident may still be required to remove hazards to avoid fines. RFRs must be submitted with enough time for staff to review prior to deadlines issued in pre-citations or citations.

Close window