What we heard from the community…
- They want the police department to make take deliberation actions to build trust and improve their relationships with the community.
- For example, they want to see the results of the community forums on policing and how the Police Department is going to respond to their concerns.
- Another example, they want police officers to be out walking or biking in the streets to get to know people better.
- They want to see the police department participate more in community events and celebrations.
- They want more programs for the youth.
- They want to have police officers who work in their neighborhoods get to know them as people and attend neighborhood meetings.