Pride Flag

The City of San Rafael celebrates Pride Month


How do I become a member on a board or commission?

Boards & Commissions vacancies are advertised online on our website, Snapshot, and NextDoor. Physical applications may be found at your local community center, library and City Clerk’s Office. You can apply online or by filling out an application form and returning it to the City Clerk by the posted deadline. The City Council interviews applicants and then makes their final selection(s). Boards and commissions seats have four-year terms and members can serve up to two consecutive terms. Members of the Planning Commission and Design Review Board may serve up to three consecutive terms. For information about the various bodies, visit the Boards & Commissions page.

Have a voice in your city government – join a board, committee, or commission!

Serving on a board or commission is a very rewarding way to get involved in and serve your community. City boards and commissions provide advice to the City Council and the important work they do ensures community involvement and accountability in government operations.

Close window