5. Sidewalk contractor conducts final inspections (August – November 2018)
- The Next Steps document included with the City’s pre-construction inspection form instructed property owners who wished to continue with the program for sidewalk replacement to contact the Sidewalk Contractor (Van Midde Concrete or Coastside Concrete) to schedule a final inspection. The contractor’s final inspection and proposal at the property will be the final cost of the work. The City’s pre-construction inspection was preliminary only.
- 200 properties needing some combination of sidewalk, curb and gutter and/or driveway apron replacement went on to contact Van Midde and Son Concrete for a final inspection
- Property owners were instructed to sign the final 2-page Agreement and send it to the City for final approval
- It took several months for Van Midde to conduct all 200 inspections, and for all property owners to sign and return those agreements to the City