3. City Pre-Construction Inspection (May-June 2019)
- City Public Works staff will inspect all properties in the program to identify:
- Locations where sidewalk “shaving” could be utilized as opposed to full replacement (when minor offsets are “shaved” down– eliminating the trip hazard)
- Locations where full sidewalk, curb and gutter, and/or driveway apron replacement is needed
- Locations where tree removal is likely needed
- All participants will receive a detailed City pre-construction inspection form which includes photos of the sidewalk offsets and estimates the square footage of sidewalk replacement needed. The form also included a preliminary cost estimate based on the pricing contractors have provided for the program ($18/square ft for sidewalk replacement, $65/square ft for curb and gutter) Please note that the City pre-construction inspection form is an estimate only and a final inspection may be performed by the contractor to get a more accurate price.