We are a 21st century government with a goal of making City services easy to use and work for everyone.
The Department of Digital Service & Open Government blends the City’s traditional IT capabilities with modern digital practices in a supportive start-up environment. We move fast and test new ideas, aren’t afraid to try new things, and always focus on creating a delightful experience for our residents and colleagues.
Our Guiding Principles
- Everything we do is human-centered
- We prioritize outcomes and impact over process
- We promote a culture of curiosity through agile and data-driven practices
- We apply digital principles to solving our City’s greatest needs
Some of Our Current Projects:
- Increasing Digital Equity through Public WiFi
- A data-informed approach to re-housing efforts and homelessness
- Building a Downtown Fiber Network
- Delivering digital permitting
- Citywide Communications and Community Engagement Strategy
- Upgrading Citywide ERP System and Business Processes
- Rolling Out a Software Training and Adoption Program
- Launching a New Citizen Request Management System
This is not your average Product Manager role. The Product Manager- Digital Services will join the City at a unique inflection point on our journey to digital transformation and evidence-based public leadership.
In this era, technology touches nearly everything we do, and many of our residents and colleagues expect a delightful user experience when interacting, transacting, or engaging with City services. While some City services are fully digital and others are still largely paper-based, there is a growing movement across our government to put user-needs first, rapidly prototype and test, use evidence to drive improvement, and always ensure we’re getting the best possible outcomes from our technology investments.
This role will have the opportunity to be part of a new approach to software delivery across the City, with an opportunity to shape the City’s approach to technology and digital services.
Salary: $9,910.00-$12,045.00 Monthly
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a creative and curious leader who is eager to help the City of San Rafael become more a more data-enabled and data-driven city. Quality data, analytics, and insights are essential to improving City operations and critical services, and you will take the lead on spreading good practice citywide.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Service & Open Government, you will champion user-centered design and the importance of data for meeting user needs. You will pioneer the City’s data strategy, data governance, and roadmap for data infrastructure city wide. You will take the City’s Open Data program to the next level and lead the data portfolio on the Digital Service & Open Government team.
- Clear understanding of user-centered and iterative design, and the agile development process within government
- Experience re-designing complex products, services, or transactions to be more simple, beautiful, and easy to use
- Experience driving vision, strategy, roadmap, and target outcomes for growth-stage products
- Knowledge of technical systems used to benchmark performance and produce reports, dashboards, and other methods of technical reporting
- Experience with creating user journey maps and/or service blueprints
- Experience with metrics and analytics that inform the success of products, defining KPI’s, tracking conversion funnels, and extracting insight from data
- Comfortable working with productivity tools like Asana