After September 15, 2014 grocery stores and food vendors will no longer provide single-use plastic bags at checkout.
- Affected stores must charge at least 10 cents for recycled paper bags at checkout.
- Affected stores include large retail stores that sell a line of dry grocery and perishable items or have a pharmacy, public event vendors, and all stores that sell milk, bread, and snack foods.
- Customers are encouraged to bring bags of their own, but retailers are required to make reusable bags available for purchase.
- Reducing single-use plastic bags will help clean our streams, reduce litter along our roadways, and encourage sustainable practices in our city.
- Businesses must register that they are in compliance with the ordinance by completing this questionnaire.