Recurring Monthly Parking Payment Program FAQ
How do I sign up?
If you are a “brand new” Monthly Parking Cardholder requesting one card only, and have not yet submitted a Monthly Parking Card Application to us online or in person, use our Single Card Account Application for Recurring Payments
What is the Recurring Monthly Payment program?
A program that will allow your monthly parking account payment of $73 per month to be paid automatically by the credit/debit card you subscribe with. Your credit/debit card will be charged on the 5th of each month. Depending on which day you are filling out the initial application, the following charges will be made:
- If you are signing up on or after the 5th of the month, and on or before the 15th of the month, you will be charged once on the date you fill out the form for this month, and next month on the 5th, etc.
- If you are signing up on or after the 20th of the month, and on or before the 5th of the next month, you will pay in full for the following month on the 5th.
- On your application you will choose whether you want us to mail your card to you, or if you want to pick it up in person. We are located at 1033 C St., San Rafael, CA 94901.
When is my payment due?
The Recurring Monthly Payment program will charge your credit/debit card on the 5th of the month.
*Please note: Manual payments, such as those paid with bill pay (through your own financial institution), by regular mail, or in person, are due in advance, on or before the first day of the month. Payment is considered late on the 6th of the month and cards will be de-activated for non-payment on the 6th (unless the 6th is a Saturday, Sunday or City holiday; in which case de-activation will occur on the following business day). For Parking Card re-activation, a $15 per card fee will apply.
What happens if my credit card is declined?
- If a payment fails, retry 3 days after the initial attempt
- If the second try fails, retry 5 days after the first attempt (8 days after the initial attempt)
- If the third try fails, retry 7 days after the third attempt (15 days after the initial attempt)
- If the fourth try fails, cancel your subscription
*Please note: If your payment fails on the recurring payment date (5th of the month), your card will be de-activated and a late fee of $15 becomes automatically due. You will need to come to the Parking Services office to pay the fee and request that your card be manually re-activated.
If you have any questions about the status of your charge, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I have a new credit/debit card, how do I update my card information for my Recurring Payment?
Administrative staff will need to cancel your subscription manually, then you will need to re-apply via the form: Single Card Account Application for Recurring Payments. Contact Parking Services: email@example.com to initiate the subscription cancellation. You will receive an email confirmation once the cancellation has been completed.
How do I cancel my Recurring Payment subscription
Use our Monthly Parking Card Cancellation form. Please remember to return your card in person at 1033 C St. to receive your $10 Parking Card deposit refund.
Where do I pick up my parking card(s) in person?
1033 C Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed