We are a 21st century government with a goal of making City services easy to use and work for everyone.
The Department of Digital Service & Open Government blends the City’s traditional IT capabilities with modern digital practices in a supportive start-up environment. We move fast and test new ideas, aren’t afraid to try new things, and always focus on creating a delightful experience for our residents and colleagues.
Our Guiding Principles
- Everything we do is human-centered
- We prioritize outcomes and impact over process
- We promote a culture of curiosity through agile and data-driven practices
- We apply digital principles to solving our City’s greatest needs
Some of Our Current Projects:
- Increasing Digital Equity through Public WiFi
- A data-informed approach to re-housing efforts and homelessness
- Building a Downtown Fiber Network
- Delivering digital permitting
- Citywide Communications and Community Engagement Strategy
- Upgrading Citywide ERP System and Business Processes
- Rolling Out a Software Training and Adoption Program
- Launching a New Citizen Request Management System
This is not your average Product Manager role. The Product Manager- Data & Insights will join the City at a unique inflection point on our journey to digital transformation and evidence-based public leadership.
This role will have the opportunity to lead the City into the next era of data-driven government, support executive leadership and management teams in making better, faster decisions, improving the way we engage with our community, and transforming the way we deliver services to those who need them most.
If you are an optimistic and passionate leader with deep analytical and technical skillsets and have a desire to serve, this role is waiting for you!
Salary: $9,910.00-$12,045.00 Monthly
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a creative and curious leader who is eager to help the City of San Rafael become more a more data-enabled and data-driven city. Quality data, analytics, and insights are essential to improving City operations and critical services, and you will take the lead on spreading good practice citywide.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Service & Open Government, you will champion user-centered design and the importance of data for meeting user needs. You will pioneer the City’s data strategy, data governance, and roadmap for data infrastructure city wide. You will take the City’s Open Data program to the next level and lead the data portfolio on the Digital Service & Open Government team.
Technical Skills and Capabilities
- Experience training non-technical users to use technology to support their work
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Strong familiarity with geospatial data and best practices
- Experience translating business needs into technical implementations, including mapping out business processes and data models
- Experience working with a variety of databases, APIs, and formats to extract and transform data
- Experience in data manipulation, visualization, and analytical thinking
- Experience writing and maintaining ETL/ELT code, especially creating and deploying through a framework
- Programming proficiency in SQL
- Experience with or willingness to learn FME (a GUI based ETL tool)
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s Azure Cloud Tools and/or PowerBI
- Comfortable working with productivity tools like Asana