New energy efficient program opportunities are available for small and medium sized businesses. The Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) has launched a new energy efficiency program for Bay Area businesses. Depending on the size of the businesses, there are a couple of options for participating:
- BayREN Business:
- Who: For small and medium sized businesses (i.e., those with less than 50,000 square feet and average monthly energy costs of $2,500 or more).
- What: The program installs new energy efficient hardware, including lighting, smart thermostats, and HVAC sensors, and provides 24/7 equipment monitoring from a team of experts. The program provides businesses with a free energy assessment and works with owners to help businesses reduce operating costs by up to 25%.
- How: Interested businesses can join a webinar on June 30th at 2pm to learn more about the new program.
- BayREN Microloan:
- Who: For smaller businesses (i.e., those with average monthly energy costs of less than $2,500) who need assistance financing smaller energy efficient equipment and light upgrade projects (i.e, ENERGY STAR appliances, LED lighting, etc).
- What: The Microloan Program, launched in partnership with the nonprofit Mission Asses Fund (MAF), offers 0% interest loans, ranging from $500 to $2,500, to cover the cost of certified energy saving improvements.
- How: Interested businesses can learn more and apply or schedule a time to speak direction with a MAF representative to learn more and discuss options.