Access to mental health and substance use services
If you have a medical or psychiatric emergency please call 911.
If you are unable to call 911, you can now text 911.
The following resources are available to help people who may be experiencing distress or heightened anxiety right now:
- 24/7 Behavioral Health Services Mental Health and Substance Use Access and Assessment: (888) 818-1115
- 24/7 Crisis Stabilization Unit: (415) 473-6666
- 24/7 National Suicide Prevention Line: (800) 273-8255
- If you are experiencing an emergency please call 911 immediately.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: Call 1-800-985-5990 (TTY 800-846-8517) or text TalkWithUs to 66746 for 24/7 support.
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 for 24/7 crisis support.
- California Suicide & Crisis Hotlines: Find phone numbers and links to all the suicide and crisis hotlines by county in California.
- California Peer-Run Warm Line: Call 1-855-845-7415 for 24/7 non-emergency support.
- The Friendship Line is available 24/7 as a crisis helpline for older adults: 800-971-0016 or you can text HOME to 741741 if you are feeling depressed, sad, or going through any kind of emotional crisis. A crisis worker will text you back immediately if you prefer text over the phone, this is a free service.
- Crisis Stabilization Unit: (415) 473-6666
- Mobile Crisis Team: (415) 473-6392