Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 7:00 P.M.
Watch on Webinar: https://tinyurl.com/pc-12-14-21
Watch on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cityofsanrafael
Telephone: (669) 900-9128
Meeting ID: 872-0645-4435#
One Tap Mobile: US: +16699009128,,87206454435#
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
In response to Assembly Bill 361, the City of San Rafael is offering teleconference without complying with the procedural requirements of Government Code section 54953(b)(3). This meeting will be held virtually using Zoom.
How to participate in the meeting:
* Submit public comments in writing. Correspondence received by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before this public hearing will be provided with the agenda materials provided to the Commission. Correspondence received after this deadline but by 5:00 p.m. the day of the hearing will be conveyed to the Commission as a supplement. Send correspondence to the project planner and to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any member of the public who needs accommodations should contact the City Clerk (email email@example.com or phone at 415-485-3066) who will use their best efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to provide as much accessibility as possible while also maintaining public safety in accordance with the City procedure for resolving reasonable accommodation requests.
CALL TO ORDER
RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT
APPROVAL OR REVISION OF ORDER OF AGENDA ITEMS
PUBLIC NOTIFICATION OF MEETING PROCEDURES
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
Remarks are limited to three minutes per person and may be on anything within the subject matter jurisdiction of the body. Remarks on non-agenda items will be heard first, remarks on agenda items will be heard at the time the item is discussed.
The Consent Calendar allows the Commission to take action, without discussion, on Agenda items for which there are no persons present who wish to speak, and no Commission members who wish to discuss.
1. Approval of the Planning Commission Meeting Minutes of October 26, 2021
Recommended Action – Approve minutes as submitted
2. [UP21-006 & ED21-022] 800 Mission Ave. Project (“Aegis Living San Rafael”) – Corrected Resolution
Resolution of the City of San Rafael Planning Commission amending the effective date of Planning Commission Resolution No. 21-08
(Approval Of Development Permits For 800 Mission Avenue)
(APNS: 011-184-08 & -09)
Project Planner: Steve Stafford firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended Action – Adopt corrected resolution
3. Ross Terrace Street (39 & 41 Ross Street)
Request for a Lot Line Adjustment for property line adjustment, Exception, and Environmental and Design Review Permits to allow for the: (1) Construction of a 2,646 square-foot, single-family residence on vacant hillside Lot 59; (2) Construction of a 2,697 square foot residence on vacant hillside Lot 60; and (3) Construction of a two lane access driveway within the undeveloped Ross Street Terrace right-of-way approximately 480 feet in length from Ross Street; APNs: 012-141-59 and 012-141-60; Single-family Residential (R7.5) District; Coby Freidman, applicant. File No(s).: LLA19-008, ED19-090, ED19-091, and EX20-006.
Project Planner: David Hogan email@example.com
Recommended Action – Continue item
4. Aldersly Retirement Community, 326 and 308 Mission Avenue - Scoping meeting for Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) to assess impacts of the Aldersly Retirement Community Project. The project proposes phased improvements on the Aldersly Campus, including demolition and renovation of existing buildings and construction of new buildings. APNs: 014-054-31 and -32; Planned Development (PD-1775) Zoning District; Applicant: Peter Lin, Greenbriar Development; Property Owner: Peter Schakow, Aldersly Retirement Community.
Project Planner: Jayni Allsep firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended Action – Accept public comment and direct staff to prepare a Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR)
5. Neighborhood at Los Gamos - Request for General Plan Amendment GPA 20-001 (from Hillside Resource Residential to Neighborhood Commercial Mixed Use); Zone Change ZC 20-002 (from Planned District – Hillside Development Overlay District (PD-H) and Residential – Hillside Development Overlay District (R2a-H) to Planned Development District (PD); Vesting Tentative Parcel Map (to combine and adjust the boundaries of the existing parcels); and Environmental and Design Review ED 20-058; for a mixed-use project with 192 multi-family residential units; an approximately 5,600-square-foot retail grocery store; a 5,000-square-foot community center; and 225 at-grade and semi-subterranean parking spaces; on a 10.24 acre site located on Los Gamos Road north of Oleander Drive; on APN 165-220-06 and 165-220-07; Christopher Hart, Applicant and Property Owner; Mont Marin/San Rafael Park Neighborhood.
Project Planner: Jeff Hamilton email@example.com
Recommended Action – Adopt Resolutions recommending to the City Council a) adoption of the Mitigated Negative Declaration and MMRP; b) approval of the General Plan Amendment; c) approval of the Zone Change; d) approval of the Vesting Tentative Parcel Map with conditions; e) approval of the Environmental and Design Review application with conditions
Any records relating to an agenda item, received by a majority or more of the Commission less than 72 hours before the meeting, shall be available for inspection online. Sign Language interpreters may be requested by calling (415) 485-3066 (voice), emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the California Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing “711”, at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Copies of documents are available in accessible formats upon request.
The Planning Commission will take up no new business after 11:00 p.m. at regularly scheduled meetings. This shall be interpreted to mean that no agenda item or other business will be discussed or acted upon after the agenda item under consideration at 11:00 p.m. The Commission may suspend this rule to discuss and/or act upon any additional agenda item(s) deemed appropriate by a unanimous vote of the members present. Appeal rights: any person may file an appeal of the Planning Commission's action on agenda items within five business days (normally 5:00 p.m. on the following Tuesday) and within 10 calendar days of an action on a subdivision. An appeal letter shall be filed with the City Clerk, along with an appeal fee of $350 (for non-applicants) or a $4,476 deposit (for applicants) made payable to the City of San Rafael, and shall set forth the basis for appeal. There is a $50.00 additional charge for request for continuation of an appeal by appellant.