The mission of the Department of Digital Service and Open Government is to help continuously improve the delivery of City services by designing for and with people, engaging the community, using data to drive decisions, and maintaining modern technology infrastructure. We need a team-member in an analyst role to help organize and coordinate our internal efforts to make all this happen.
You will be working with our team to help implement improvements to service delivery, citywide communication strategy, website best practices, digital tools, and technical support through assistance in administrative operations, management of internal projects, policy development, and coordination of citywide training programs. This job offers hybrid work flexibility with remote work and on-site work days.
Learn More and Apply Online
Some of the work you’ll do…
- Plan, organize, coordinate and implement day to day program assignments independently.
- Conduct research, analyze data, and present conclusions and recommendations.
- Develop policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Manage contracts and vendor relationships.
- Track and manages invoices.
- Support budget development and reporting.
- Develop guides, knowledgebase articles, and procedures
- Support website training and engagement strategy.
- Support the implementation of digital services and products.
- Assist in scheduling and organizing meetings and trainings.
- Prepare comprehensive written reports regarding program activities.
- Educate and engage with other city staff, city council, community representatives and citizens.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We’re looking for some who…
- Can present and communicate information to a non-technical audience
- Works with empathy and wants to understand user needs
- Is comfortable with technology and digital tools
Some Projects and Programs Our Department is Involved in Include:
- Digital Equity (Canal WiFi and Broadband Projects)
- City of San Rafael Data Strategy (Open Data Portal and Performance Management)
- The City of San Rafael Innovation Lab
- Digital Transformation Projects for the City Workforce
- Lean Process Improvement for Government Services
- Creating Hybrid Solutions for Public Meetings and Work Spaces
- Building, Maintaining, and Improving Websites and Web Applications
- IT Operations and Maintenance
The City of San Rafael
is focused on enhancing our community members’ quality of life through well-designed services and a positive workplace culture. San Rafael is the economic and cultural heart of Marin County, and its high quality of life is centered on its commercial districts, engaged neighborhoods, active lifestyle, and natural environment. San Rafael (population 61,000) is a full-service city with a city council/city manager form of government with 12 departments, more than 400 employees, and an annual budget of $120 million. The City’s vision is to be a vibrant economic and cultural center reflective of its diversity. The City Council is engaged and seeks to strengthen the urban and commercial areas as well as sustain the beautiful natural environment.
San Rafael’s Organizational culture framework is an initiative called “Together San Rafael.” City employees are our greatest asset, and we seek talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are creative, curious, and excited about a challenge. We are a results-driven team focused on the needs of community members. The Together San Rafael initiative is focused on modernizing City services and increasing the engagement of employees. This initiative recognizes the interconnectedness of the customer and employee experience.