190 MILL STREET - HOMEWARD BOUND Emergency Shelter & Supportive Housing
|Address:||190 Mill Street|
|Project Planner:||Ali Giudice, Principal Planner
(haz clic aqui para información en Español)
This project is a request by Homeward Bound for a General Plan Amendment, Zoning Amendment, and Use Permit for the following:
- General Plan Amendment to extend the high-density residential (HDR) land use designation of the adjacent site such that it would include this entire 190 Mill Street property.
- A Zoning Map Amendment to extend the existing high-density residential zoning (HR1) of the adjacent site such that it would include this entire 190 Mill Street property
- Use Permit to allow expansion of the existing emergency shelter to allow up to 60 beds
- Separately-as a by-right project under AB2162 the project would include development of a 32-unit supportive housing project
- On September 8, 2022, the building permit was finaled.
- On January 28, 2021, the building permit was issued.
- On April 6, 2020, the City Council has approved the requested general plan amendment, zoning amendment and use permit for the 60-bed homeless shelter. This approval establishes a by-right permitting process for the 32-unit supportive housing project.