San Rafael CERT Quarterly Meeting/Training
6:30pm - 9:00pm San Rafael Community Center
618 B Street, San Rafael, California 94901
San Rafael CERT Members! Join us for the first quarterly meeting of 2020! Your steering committee has been hard at work, meeting monthly, to help make San Rafael more prepared. The committee has set goals for the new year, that include quarterly opportunities to get together for training, dills, and updates. Our first meeting will help lay the ground work for additional meetings and drills- please join us for a fun and interactive evening on March 4th! We will also have prizes and snacks!
Who should attend? All San Rafael residents trained to be CERTs and those that may be CERT curious. If you need to update your ID and/or DSW paperwork we can take care of that on the 4th.
What should I bring? Attendees should bring the CERT bags (Go-bags for non CERT members), great attitudes, and creative ideas. You are also welcome (but not required) to bring a snack to share.
What will we do/learn about? Anything and everything- check out our agenda below!
1. Welcome and Updates
- City efforts
- Evacuation Map Development and Feedback
- Steering Committee Working Group Updates
- CERT/DSW update Swear-in
2. Skill Building Speed Rounds
- Splinting Refresher and FADR teaser
- Being Informed with NOAA Weather Radios and the PulsePoint App
- Terrorism Unit updates- What to do during an active shooter situation
- Communication activity
3. Evacuation Maps
- The City is working on neighborhood evacuation maps and we need your feedback. Help identify neighborhood boundaries, potential areas of refuge, dead ends, gates, and more.
4. Your CERT Bag: Game, Prizes, and Discussion
- Attendees should bring their CERT bag (or Go-bag for non-CERTs)
5. What’s Next?
- Communication Drills
- Upcoming Events
- Neighborhood Brainstorm