Here’s an update of what we’ve done and what we’re doing next to better serve San Rafael.
- Created design subcommittee to work with local design firm on color palette, image gallery, iconography, typography, and overall look & feel.
- Identified workflow and process issues to solve with online forms and new digital services, such as reserving a park facility, filling out a claim form, filing a noise complaint, and understanding permit requirements.
- Further developed draft content for the answers worksheet. Started flagging answers that are proving to be hard to answer in a simple fashion.
- Learned how to add new pages in the CMS.
- Further developed draft content for residents, businesses and visitors landing pages, adding pages and content behind the icon buttons.
- Added and trained more staff to our new constituent relationship management platform.
- Continue developing answers for the answers worksheet and adding new pages and content behind residents, businesses and visitors landing pages.
- Collect flagged issue areas for discussion with management team about process mapping.
- Start looking at design options.
- Draft first installment of a series on using site analytics to inform content creation and continue analyzing current site’s Google Analytics to help inform content priorities.
- Identify and map out integration of other digital services including open data sets, public records requests, and maps.
Thanks for checking out our update of what we’ve done and what we’re doing next to better serve San Rafael. Tweet us your thoughts and ideas @WhatUpSanRafael.