Here’s an update of what we’ve done and what we’re doing next to better serve San Rafael.
- Finalized content creation for all departments and landing pages.
- Created a subsite for our Community Services department (parks, recreation, and childcare).
- Reviewed and refined content throughout site, focusing on Answers section of Service Center.
- Uploaded and labeled images into photo gallery.
- Launched the Service Center onto Facebook.
- Conducted online and in-person user-testing of beta site.
- Refined content based on user-feedback.
- Created a ‘Local Services’ mapping tool for real-time, address-specific information.
- Redirected popular URLs to new site paths.
- Conducted user training for staff in every department and division.
- Set-up integration for newsletter and other email subscriptions.
- Developed design principles, inspired by 18F and the UK Government Digital Service.
- Switched domain over and archived old website.
- Develop the Service Center into a lobby kiosk.
- Set-up electronic signature and payment capability on online forms.
- Add more features to ‘Local Services’ tab, such as school districts, elected officials, and more.
- Create a space for financial and other data.
- Work on search and other integrations with third-party systems.
- User-test, user-test, user-test.
- Obsessively watch the site’s Google Analytics.
- Iterate and modify based on user feedback and analytics.
Thanks for checking out what we’ve done and what we’re doing next to better serve San Rafael. Tweet us your thoughts and ideas @WhatUpSanRafael.