Due to a rise in COVID-19 cases, Governor Gavin Newsom is requiring several industries and activities to shut down immediately unless they can be modified to operate outside or by pick-up. Indoor industry closures effective IMMEDIATELY across the entire state include:
- Dine-in restaurants
- Wineries and tasting rooms
- Movie theaters
- Family entertainment centers (such as: bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages and arcades)
- Zoos and museums
Bars, brewpubs, breweries, and pubs must close all operations both indoor and outdoor statewide.
Additionally, since Marin County has been on the County Monitoring List (also known as the “watch list”) for three consecutive days, Marin is required to shut down the following industries or activities offering indoor services:
- Fitness centers
- Worship services
- Offices for non-essential sectors
- Personal care services, like nail salons, body waxing and tattoo parlors
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Malls (indoor access to Northgate Mall)
Businesses and industries affected by this must remain closed until the restrictions are lifted. For additional information about these closures see the Marin County press release.