Welcome to the City of San Rafael Virtual Recreation & Resource Center!
As we keep physical distance but remain socially connected, our goal is to ensure that our resilient community members have resources to maintain healthy lives, grow meaningful relationships and continue to have essential experiences.
Take a virtual fitness class or host a virtual dance party using a video-chat platform.
The current Shelter in Place order allows for individuals to "engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with the social distancing requirements ...such as... walking, hiking and running." Take trips around your neighborhood and say hello, from a distance, to your neighbors who are getting outside, as well.
Marin County Public Health reminds Marin residents and visitors to stay local by riding your bike or walking to a local park or trail.
The State of California Department of Public Health provides these guidelines when visiting parks.
Below are a few tips to help you take an active role in protecting your own well-being and happiness, especially during periods of stress.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep. Make time to unwind.
- Mindfulness is a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you’re sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgment. Practicing mindfulness involves breathing methods, guided imagery, and other practices to relax the body and mind and help reduce stress.
Although we’re all social distancing physically, as humans we need to stay connected emotionally.
- Call a friend or relative to check in.
- Connect with a video chat platform to see your friends and loved ones.
- Support a local restaurant Many restaurants are still open for take out or delivery orders.
- Volunteer - There are may be opportunities to volunteer to help those in our community.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
Exercise your Brain
- Visit the San Rafael Public Library Online Offering a vast collection of digital materials and online services that you can access from the comfort of your own home – from eBooks and audiobooks, to digital magazines and news, as well as streaming movies and TV, and online learning services – all free with your library card!
County of Marin Department of Health and Human Services - This is the lead agency in Marin County directing our community’s response to COVID-19. Please also check Aging & Adult Services for other information. (415) 457 – 4636
City of San Rafael - Visit the City’s dedicated page for COVID-19 for up to date information.
Center for Disease Control - CDC’s COVID-19 site.
Support our local restaurants! - Many restaurants are still open for take out or delivery orders.
SF-Marin Food Bank – Food programs for all
St. Vincent de Paul Dining Room – Meal program for all (415) 454-3303