Check out this fun activity for your plastic eggs shells from Easter!
- Plastic eggs
- Play dough
- Measuring tape
Ready, set, build!
- Set out the supplies on a table.
- Show children how to connect the eggs using play dough spheres.
- Encourage them to build three dimensional structures.
- Measure how tall the structure is before deconstructing it!
- Write your name and how tall each structure is on the T chart.
- This is a great way to introduce data collecting in a chart format.
No play dough? No problem! Here’s an easy 10-minute recipe for play dough:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- food coloring
- Mix together all the ingredients in a 2-quart pan
- Cook over low/medium heat, stirring.
- Continue stirring until the mixture is thickened and begins to gather around the spoon.
- Remove the dough onto wax paper or a plate to cool.