The Air District is issuing a smoke advisory today due to the Butte County fire that developed a week ago. Heavy smoke from this wildfire in the North Bay counties is causing very unhealthy air quality throughout the region and is not expected to improve for several days. .
Bay Area residents impacted by wildfire smoke are advised to:
- Limit outdoor activities to avoid unnecessary exposure if you smell smoke
- Set air conditioning units and car vent systems to re-circulate to prevent outside air from moving inside
- Reduce exposure to smoky air by remaining indoors with windows and doors closed, if possible
- Stay tuned to local media for changes in smoke or weather conditions
- Get daily forecasts of air quality in the Bay Area