|Address:||308 and 326 Mission Ave|
|Project Numbers:||PLAN21-041, ED20-051, IS20-003, NM20-001, UP20-022, ZC20-001|
|Applicant:||Peter Lin, Greenbrie
|Project Planner:||Jayni Allsep, Contract Planner
The project proposes phased improvements over the next ten years that include demolition and renovation of existing buildings, and construction of new buildings on the Aldersly Campus. At buildout of the Development Plan in approximate ten years (2031), the project would result in a new three‐story Independent Living (IL) building along Mission Avenue, a new Independent Living building on the western portion of the site, a new service building along Belle Avenue, three renovated/reconfigured buildings, and new outdoor spaces including a memory care garden, activity lawn, and rose terrace. The project, which includes demolition of seven existing buildings, construction of three new buildings, and additions/renovations to other existing buildings on the campus, would result in fourteen (14) additional independent living units, an increase from 55 units to 69 units. The number of Assisted Living/Memory Care beds (35 beds) and Skilled Nursing beds (20 beds) would remain unchanged. The number of on-site parking spaces would increase from 48 to 56 spaces at buildout of the Aldersly Development Plan.
- A Draft EIR (DEIR) has been prepared and is available for public review and comment from August 16 to September 30, 2022.
- Written comments on the Draft EIR may be emailed to project planner Jayni Allsep or delivered to the Planning Division, CDD; 1400 5th Ave. 3rd Fl.; San Rafael, CA 94901.
- A public meeting before the San Rafael Planning Commission is planned for September 13, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. to provide an overview of the project and Draft EIR. You can attend the meeting in person, or you can participate virtually from Zoom Website: https://tinyurl.com/pc-2022-09-13; Meeting ID 897 4566 651; or by Telephone: US: +1 669 444 9171. a Notice of Availability (NOA) was released on August 16, 2022, initiating a 45-day public review period.
- The project received DRB recommendation for approval on December 7, 2021
- A Notice of Preparation (NOP) including the Initial Study was published on November 22, 2021. The NOP is the first step in the EIR process and is intended to solicit comments concerning the scope of issues to be addressed in the EIR.
- The Planning Commission held an EIR Scoping meeting on December 14, 2021. Public comments were accepted until Wednesday, December 23, 2021.
- The Montecito Area Residents Association (MARA) held a special meeting on January 27, 2022, to provide a forum for additional neighborhood input.
- Following the 45-day public review period for the Draft EIR (August 16 – September 30, 2022), the City will respond to comments on EIR analysis that were submitted during the review period and prepare a Response to Comments document, which when combined with the Draft EIR, comprises the Final EIR.
- The Final EIR and Project merits is scheduled to be considered by the Planning Commission at its meeting on November 15, 2022, and the City Council is scheduled to consider the Final EIR and Project merits at its meeting on December 5, 2022.
Because the project requires an amendment to the approved PD Development Plan (Zoning Amendment) the Planning Commission action will be a recommendation to the City Council.
Project Plans & Project Narratives
- Aldersly Consolidated Plan Set with 5/16/22 revisions (1 of 3)
- Aldersly Consolidated Plan Set with 5/16/22 revisions (2 of 3)
- Aldersly Consolidated Plan Set with 5/16/22 revisions (3 of 3)
- Revised 5/16/22 Construction Phasing - Sheet A2.1.A has been added to the plan set, which reflects the revised phasing plan and provides preliminary construction staging and management information for each phase of construction.
- Revised 5/16/22 Cover Sheet and Plan Index - Provides revised phasing description and data tables for building area and lot coverage.
- Revised 5/16/22 Truck turning Exhibit - Prepared by CSW/Stuber-Stroeh, provides a truck turning movement detail for proposed loading/unloading area within new Service Building with access on Belle Avenue, proposed as part of Phase 2
- Revised 5/16/22 Project Phasing Diagram - Sheet A2.1 provides revised diagrams reflecting revised phasing plan that modifies the phasing of proposed improvements and eliminates a Phase 4 (please also refer to revised Project Narrative)
- Revised 5/16/22 Planned Development Standards
- Revised 5/16/22 Project Narrative -Provides a written description of the proposed revised phasing plan as shown on revised Sheet A2.1.
- Project Description / Narrative Statement
- Plan Set Revised 11/10/21
- Planned Development Zoning and Master Plan and Development Standards
- Planned Development District Approval from December 2001- PD 1775
- Elevation Change Narrative
Please see Appendices A through H of the Draft EIR under Environmental Review Documents
Environmental Review Documents
- Final EIR - Response to Comments, November 2022
- Notice of Preparation and Initial Study, November 2021
- Aldersly Draft EIR
- Appendix A - Notice of Preparation (NOP)
- Appendix B - Environmental Checklist
- Appendix C - Cultural and Historic Information
- Appendix D - Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Study
- Appendix E - Biology Report
- Appendix F - Geology Report
- Appendix G - Noise Study
- Appendix H - Traffic and Parking Study